Phase 2 Leader
Full time Permanent
Scale: MPS/UPS + TLR2H
Required from September 2021: an inspirational, dynamic and passionate Phase 2 Leader.
The Halifax Academy is part of the Impact Education Trust; we are on a mission to improve the life chances of children and young people and improve social mobility. We are a Trust where we work towards a common goal but want each school to have an individual identity.
The Halifax Academy was the first 4-16 all-through school in Calderdale. Our brand-new primary phase building opened in February 2016. We are committed to and passionately believe in all-through education.
We have a unique approach to what it means to be a through school and this vacancy is a key post that will continue to support the development of this.
We have a five-phase model where students will have a cohesive and thoughtful curriculum in each phase. Each phase will have a clear identity with touchstone experiences, texts and curriculum opportunities throughout. The phases are:
Phase 1 – Reception and Year 1
Phase 2 – Year 2, 3 and 4
Phase 3 – Year 5, 6 and 7
Phase 4 – Year 8 and 9
Phase 5 – Year 10 and 11
This role is to lead Phase 2. Visits to the school are highly recommended.
• are an experienced practitioner with a proven track record of using innovative approaches to securing high levels of student achievement through excellent teaching and learning both within your class and whilst leading others
• are thoughtful, flexible, organised and innovative in your approach
• are committed to ensuring students and staff maximise every opportunity to achieve academically and personally
• are inspirational with excellent interpersonal skills to take people with you
• have a track record of leading staff with clear outcomes for students
• have an understanding and implementation of research based practice
In return we can offer:
• working as part of a creative and supportive team, who are unapologetically passionate about developing Teaching & Learning and who are determined and driven on our mission to achieve the very best for our students
• joining our ‘coaching culture’ which is a key focus for CPD in the school. Every member of our teaching and support staff are involved in our ‘Coaching for Excellence’ programme to focus on improving teaching and learning in all subjects. Each teacher has two hours built into their timetable to facilitate coaching
• the opportunity to gain cross phase experience
• opportunities to develop leadership skills through our development programmes
• access to a teaching school alliance which enables us to work collaboratively and share best practice with other providers and creates professional development opportunities
• enthusiastic students who are keen to make outstanding progress
• effective supportive and dynamic leadership
• an early school finish on Fridays
Application forms and further details can be found below:
Job Description & Person Specification
Completed applications should be emailed to email@example.com or posted to The Halifax Academy by 9am on Friday 21st May 2021. Late applications will not be accepted. Interviews will take place the w/c 24th May 2021.