For our very latest Coronavirus information, please visit our regularly updated Noticeboard page. Mr Perry also provides regular video updates on YouTube
Monday 4 January 2021 – update
Following today’s announcement by the Prime Minister of a new lockdown, Mr Perry has provided a video update, which can be viewed here: Update – 4 January 2021
- School closure – The Halifax Academy is now closed to all students, except key workers’ children and vulnerable children. We will be asking children who do come into school to be tested every three days, to keep staff and other students safe. We will talk to families who will be using the provision about this.
- Remote learning – We will be delivering remote learning for students in all year groups. This home learning will follow the timetable of the usual school day, i.e. secondary students will begin learning at 8.15am. It is vital that students fully engage with online learning, particularly Years 10 & 11 as this will have a bearing on final grades.
- Exams – We don’t have any information about exams as yet. We are presuming that next week’s BTEC exams will not be taking place, but we don’t know for certain and will contact parents as soon as we receive further information from the government.
- Free school meals – we have vouchers ready to be delivered this week. We don’t yet have details of a national scheme.
- Support – If you need any support from school, such as with IT issues, please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please look after each other and follow the government guidelines: www.gov.uk/coronavirus